Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday, Ponies and the Fair

This past week has been very eventful. Last Saturday was my birthday and Sean and I celebrated at Cheesecake Factory and went to the movie Julie and Julia. It was definitely a chick flick but was funny enough that Sean enjoyed it too. Marcy babysat Cade in the dark. Five minutes after we left she called me to say that the power had gone out. We came back home to check on her and Sean called to find out what was going on. The power wasn't scheduled to come back on until 9:30 and had been off since 5:00. We owe her. On Sunday, we headed to North Branch to see Kathy barrel race. It was so much fun to see her ride and catch up since we hadn't seen each other since March. Eric was there too and Heather and Chris drove down for the afternoon. At one point Sean was walking Cobey (one of Kathy and Eric's horses) and Eric was holding Cade. Kathy and I were trying to figure out which man was more out of his comfort zone :) Then on Wednesday, we went to the State Fair. It was the perfect day to go. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were not bad. Cade survived the bus ride there from MOA, 5 hours of walking around and eating and then the bus ride home. We made sure that he got many opportunities to get out of the stroller and crawl around. He even danced to one of the bands. He loved cheese curds, pork chop on a stick and Sweet Martha's cookies but hated mini donuts. I think it may have been the texture of the sugar coating. Oh well, that meant more for me.

Playing with the box from one of my gifts (a webcam)

Meeting Fling
I like you Eric
Fling, up close and personal
Sean and Cobey
Rockin' at the fair
Nappin' at the fair
My 2 cuties

No comments: