Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bottle :)

Last night we fed Cade his second bottle ever. Of course, it was the first one for us. When we arrived we found out that he had pulled out his feeding tube again. Maybe he's trying to tell us, "Hey, I can do this bottle thing" Sean had me go first which was fine since I have at least given babies bottles before. The nurse said that we had to keep him in more of an upright position so that the formula didn't flow too fast and cause him to get more than he could handle. So, he was sitting there facing me and kept giving me these looks like "What are you doing Mom?" It took awhile for him to start drinking but he did get a little rhythm going. Then, he burped and Sean gave feeding him a try. Well, I must have primed the pump because once he got with Sean he chugged the rest of the bottle down even though he was falling asleep. He drank a total of 40 ml (1.4 oz) He woke up when we changed his diaper and outfit. Then, I noticed his cheeks were all rosy. Sean reminded me that he had just used them to suck down a bottle. He looked so cute with his rosy cheeks. Once we got home, we let all of the animals smell the dirty sleeper with the formula spilled on it. They had smelled Cade before but not the formula. Belle actually climbed into the bag with the dirty clothes. She was really cute but I didn't catch a picture of it. She did continue to lay next to the bag though.


Hey, what are we doing Mom?
I'm liking this Dad.
But I'm getting so sleepy.
Now, I'm awake and my cheeks are rosy.
Belle getting ready for Cade

No comments: