Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

One Year, Already?!

Sean and I were married one year ago today. It seems like yesterday and 100 years ago at the same time. I loved my wedding day. I was marrying the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I was surrounded by friends and family, I got to wear a beautiful dress and the weather cooperated. It couldn't have been any better. It was a great beginning to an amazing year. People say that alot can happen in a year. Well, we are living proof. Actually, alot can happen in a year and a half since that's approximately how long Sean and I have been "romantically involved". From that first date back in February '07, I knew that we had potential. A few months later, when Sean travelled half way around the world to see me, I knew he was the one. And now looks at us, we have survived one of the toughest years of any relationship. People say the first year of marriage is the toughest so Sean and I figure it can only get better from here. But, while this year was a tough one, it was also the best of my life. Because in this year, my dreams came true. I have a husband who loves me and a beautiful son who is worth every penny of the 1 million dollar medical bills. We are blessed by a true miracle. Our love for each other and our son grows deeper everyday. You may wonder how we celebrated this amazing year. Well, very simply. Yesterday, we had Auntie Marcy come over and watch Cade while we went to IKEA and shopped for my birthday present. We had a great time just wandering around the store and talking. We did find what we were looking for and were done in about an hour and a half. We were debating about going to dinner but decided to head home instead. Cade had been a very good boy for his auntie. He slept the entire time we were gone. Then, we fed Cade and took Marcy out to dinner to thank her for watching Cade. It was a great day which ended with Sean and I wishing each other happy anniversary, talking about how much we love each other and that it can only get better from here. Since today is the actual day, we may celebrate more but maybe not and that's OK with me. The important thing is that we are together, forever.

So, I suppose that's enough of the mushy stuff. Other good news to report: Cade has been off of his apnea monitor for a little over a week (I forgot to put that in the last post). I officially put in my 2 week notice. My last day at Seagate will be September 19th. I'm on vacation through the 10th, will work form home the 11th and 12th and then be at work for the 15th -19th. My parents will be taking care of Cade that week. Then, I'll be a full-time stay-at-home mom and I can't wait.

Cade in his dog walking outfit















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!