Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Kid's weekend

I haven't posted in awhile. Easter weekend was fun. We stayed at my parents and saw all of our Proctor friends on Sat night.
Then this weekend I called the kid's weekend because both days we spent time with some of the kids that are close to us. On Fri, I had lunch with Ben and Amy. Ben is 6 and expecting a new brother/sister within a week of when we are expecting our baby boy. Ben said that if I was having a boy that I should name him Dan. He also told his mom this same thing and was sorely disappointed when I had to tell him that the baby's name would not be Dan. Amy will not be naming her unborn child Dan either. Poor Ben. Oh well, I'm sure he will love the new babies anyway.
On Friday night, Sean felt our little one move for the first time. It was pretty exciting because every time he would try the baby would stop moving but I think now that he's bigger and stronger it's easier to feel him "outside". I feel him all the time when I'm sitting down. I think he's still as active as he was during the ultrasound.
On Sat, we went to see my cousin Erin,her husband Jim and their 2 kids Noah (3) and Eleanor (almost 9 months). Noah loves his baby sister and also loved playing with Sean. Sean chased him around the house and played the Memory game with him. But, Sean cheated! (unintentionally) Sean is the favorite playmate of Ben too. It's so much fun to watch him play with the little boys in our life. I got a chance to hang out with Ellie and she's such a good baby. She's looking more and more like Erin which is great because Noah looks so much like Jim. Erin is letting me borrow some of her maternity clothes which is great because I shouldn't have to buy as much summer stuff.
Yesterday, we finally went to see my friend Kristie's new baby, Brooke (6 weeks) and her big sister Ashley (3 1/2). Brooke is adorable and Sean looked very good holding her while she was sleeping. Once she started fussing a little he handed her back to me and she burped the loudest burp I've ever heard out of a baby. I guess that was why she was fussy! Ashley also had fun playing with Sean and she was talking non-stop. Most of the words we understood but some we had to guess. Ashley really loves her little sister and was so cute when she was holding her.
All in all, it was a really great weekend.

No comments: