Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas in Pictures (mostly)

Here's the updates from the last month since I have been busy living life and not blogging about it.

Cade went to see Santa this year. We skipped last year since taking the risk of getting sick was too high for me. Cade was his usual social self. He warmed up to Santa quite quickly and even gave the big man a kiss! I didn't take any pics with my camera because I was just enjoying the moment so I purchased a couple of my favorites. As you can see, in the second one, they are both laughing. It's really fun and easy for me since Cade is so easy going and truly loves people.



Our Christmas plans got slightly modified due to the storm. We did make it to Andy and Jill's on Christmas Eve and Phil brought grandma down the day before to miss the storm. The evening was a little chaotic with 2 toddlers but it was alot of fun. Both Cade and Phillip were running around and playing. They aren't quite old enough to play together but they were busy. Cade wasn't into opening presents. He was helping Andy and Jill clean their house with the swiffer. Jill took a bunch of pictures with her new camera so maybe once I get them there will be another post. The boys even had matching pjs but I didn't get pics.

Handsome boy in front of our tree

Hard at work cleaning
Phillip is helping
We made it home that night but weren't able to drive up north on Christmas day. Travel between Hinckley and Duluth was not recommended. So, we got a chance to have our little family Christmas. We missed all of my extended family on my dad's side but decided that it was best to not travel. Santa visited our house and brought a horse that was much bigger than Cade. At first he was scared of it but now he asks to get up and actually rides his horse. He can reach the handles but he has to wrap his feet around the horse's belly to stay on. He got a tent an tunnel from us and found those to be much more fun. Actually, Belle loved the tunnel even more than Cade. She became a kitten again, flying through the tunnel at top speed. In the afternoon, my aunt and uncle stopped by to wish us a Merry Christmas so we quickly changed from our pjs to some clothes. We were being really lazy and it felt so good. I was nice to see Susan and Jerry though. After they left, we all went outside to play. I pulled Cade around in his sled. He wasn't totally sure that he was having a good time. So then I threw him into the snow bank and that was fun until he realized that he was laying in the snow. Once the weather gets warmer, we will have to try outside play again.
This horse is huge and a little scary

The tunnel is fun

Hey dad, I'm in the tent with mom.
Belle says, "This is the best Christmas ever."
I look so cute in my winter gear but I'm not having fun
On Saturday, we drove up to Proctor but the roads were so icy I think that Friday would have been a better day to drive. We did make it in about 4 hours with a stop for lunch and my mom, dad, sister and her boyfriend were happy to see us. They postponed Christmas until we arrived. So, we opened gifts after settling in. Cade still wasn't into opening gifts so I opened them for him. He did love his new rocking chair though. Grandma and Grandpa made a great purchase. We stayed until Monday and the whole visit was very low key. We were going to take Cade to Bentleyville to see all the lights but he had some issues with sleeping so he was napping when we wanted to go. Oh well, hopefully it will work out next year. Sean and I got out of the house for a couple of hours after Cade went to sleep and met up with Kathy and Eric. It was so nice to have a solid 2 hours of laughs with friends.

I may not look like it but I do love my rocking chair

Mom and Dad are opening presents

Breakfast with Grandpa Reg like a big boy
Grandpa Reg, Grandma Linda and Cade
My parents came down on New Year's eve because we celebrated Christmas with my mom's side of the family on New Year's day. Sean and I got a chance to go out to a movie to celebrate New Year's eve. We went to Avatar and both really enjoyed it. It took me awhile to get used to the 3D but eventually my eyes adjusted. Totally worth the disorientation though. On New Year's day we went over to my aunt and uncle's house and celebrated with my cousins and their husbands and kids.

Cade and I took a second to get a pic

Cade's second cousin Elli trying to "feed" him his water

Blowing out the electric candle with great-auntie Susan
Rocking in his chair: he says "rock, rock"

No comments: