Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Santa!

Now that Christmas is over and the decorations are put away, Cade keeps asking for Santa. We have a dancing Santa that he loves and I think he's missing it. Of course, he never uttered the word Santa during the holiday season. But, now I hear it about 50 times a day. I got sick (again) on Thursday and ended up taking out Santa just to try to entertain Cade while I sat on the couch. He was very excited when he saw the box and wanted me to turn Santa on and off multiple times. The only problem now is I'm not sure when I will be able to put Santa away again. At least, he's not asking for the tree!
Before Christmas, mesmerized by Santa.

Cade's vocabulary continues to expand. His new words are:
19. Sharp (shawpa) - used when referring to teeth, forks and knives mostly
20. On (onna) - please turn this on, also used for I want that
21. Off - this one scared Sean because he started with just the f sound
22. Arm (arma)
23. Uh huh - means yes with a little head bob (I think this is probably the cutest word he says)
24. No (na) - usually accompanied by pushing away whatever you were going to give him
Generally, when he tells you no or yes, he means it and doesn't confuse the two. However, there are a few times when no means yes and yes means no.
25. Rock (rock, rock) - used while he is in his rocking chair or someone else is in a rocking chair and he is rocking them. He likes to rock his big stuffed bear.
26. Papa - means Grandpa
27. Bama - means Grandma
On Wed morning, he woke up and kept saying, "papa, bama, bye bye". It took me a minute to get what he was saying but he must have been missing my mom and dad since he spent alot of time with them over the holidays.
28. Snap (sna) - He picked up on this while we were talking about his snap on his pants. All of a sudden, he said "sna" in a very nasally voice. I tried to get him to say it and record it but it didn't work.
29. Cocoa (caco) - I was drinking cocoa while I was sick on Thursday. Since he always wants whatever we are having, I was explaining that it was mama's cocoa. Then, he just said cocoa. When Sean was putting him to bed, he kept asking for cocoa so I had to make him some of his own and he had a couple little tastes before bed.
30. Santa

Another thing that we have been working on is learning body parts. Cade knows the following:
1. Head
2. Hair
3. Eyes
4. Ears
5. Nose
6. Mouth
7. Teeth
8. Tongue
9. Foot
10. Toes
11. Arm
12. Tummy
13. Belly button


Playing with Belle


Riding his horse


When ECSE was here this week, the PT recommended that we could try walking upstairs holding Cade's hands. He started walking up like a big boy right away. I expected that he would put 2 feet on each stair and then step up but he walks up like we do, one foot in front of the other.

No comments: