Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Early Evening Update

Cade

As far as I know, the cute little bugger is doing as well as can be expected. But, here is a link to some pics from earlier today and this afternoon. What I do remember is that both of his eyes are now open, he has a nook, and the EKG revealed that his heart murmur is due to PDA which can be treated with surgery or meds. But, in his case, it will have to be surgery due to the fact that the medication to close the ductus conflicts with the hydrocortozone he is on to help with his adrenal response.



Jill

Jill just scared the shit out of me. It all started with an, "Is it cold in here?". And, it ended with violent shivers, a brief temp spike, and more lab work. After a consult with the Dr. on call, if it isn't a urinary tract infection or an abscess, then it is probably "milk fever". Let's hope that it is milk fever. At the moment though, all is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and hope little Cade and Jill are doing well. Let us know if there is anything we can do! Love, Mae & Bill

Bekki said...

Hi Jill, Shawn, and Cade,

I just found out this morning from Gary, so sorry I haven't posted or called sooner. I just finished reading all of your posts, and it definitely seems like steady (if a bit slow) progress. I'm glad to hear that. My thoughts are with all of you, and please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Talk to you soon.
Love, Bekki