Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Pretty Good Day

Today was a pretty good day for Jill and I. I slept a lot since I was at Children's with Cade until about 4 a.m. Jill was a real go-getter this morning. She got up, ordered and ate some breakfast, took a shower, shaved her legs, plucked her brows, and basically, just took some personal care of herself. To me, those are good signs that she is feeling better.

In the afternoon, Marcy came for a visit and we all went to go see Cade. We met with his Dr. for the week. Although Cade was ping ponging like last night, they, I believe, were able to lean out some of his settings (I don't remember which ones though.). I like all of the detailed technical information that they provide when I show up. Jill, on the other hand, gets freaked out about all of it because she just wants to sit and visit with him. So, I am just going to have to remember to keep my need for information supressed until Jill gets used to life at the NICU.

Tonight, like this afternoon and last night, Cade is ping ponging in terms of his parameters. They now have him on morphine 24/7 to keep him from fidgeting. They also figured out that he does much better on his stomach in terms of his comfort level. So, they have specified that he be on his stomach 50% of the time

As of this moment, the are in the process of returning some blood that was destined Cade due to the fact that it didn't have an expiration date on it. I am glad that they do their job around here.

The reason that he is getting the blood is that his bone marrow just isn't kicking out enough for his needs.

I just hope that the morning brings further recovery for Jill and reduced ventricle size and reduced blood clot size for Cade.

No comments: