Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In the 'hood

Sean has been asked by a few people to get the blog updated so here's what's been happening over the past week.
Last Thursday, both Sean and I went to a Twins game with my group from work. It was great to see the guys and was a nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon. For me, it was nice to get out of the house and into the sunshine. I probably had more exercise that day than in the previous 5 weeks. After the game, we went to see Cade and were reminded once again that Children's is in the 'hood. We needed gas in the CX7 and used the handy navigation option to find the closest gas station. It looked like a typical SA but when I went in for a snack the cashiers were behind glass (bullet proof perhaps?). The place was hopping though for a Thursday afternoon and a couple of the pumps had cars just parked in front of them. So, basically there was only one pump open and everyone was waiting their turn. Well, when I came out of store Sean was still waiting and then told me the carload of guys in front of him told him that he wasn't going to get gas unless he gave them money for their gas. Sean told them he would wait all day for a pump to open and that he wasn't giving them any money. Can you believe it? I don't think that type of crap happens in the 'burbs. Anyway, we got lucky and a van that was blocking a pump got pushed out of the way so we were able to get gas and get out of there. I was actually hoping that Sean would post this story because I'm sure he could have made it alot more entertaining.

This weekend we caught up on sleep, went to see Cade and spent alot of money at Babies R Us. We decided to purchase the car seat, stroller and bedding set since I had gotten coupons that expired this week. Plus, I've been wanting to get the bedding so I can get the nursery done before Cade gets home. We also went to Home Depot so I could buy some closet organizers for Cade's room since the room isn't that big and he is accumulating alot of stuff. On Sunday night, we went to see Prince Caspian. It was our big date night since we haven't been to a movie since around Christmas time. Sean got popcorn so he was happy ;)

On Monday night, we stopped at the Abbott ER on the way to see Cade because I had been having abdominal pain all day and it seemed to be getting worse. I thought it was a pulled muscle but considering my track record of things going wrong, we decided to get it checked out. We got there around 8:30pm and I had blood and urine tests and a CAT scan. Then we sat there until 12:30am when the nurse came in and told us that we could get out of there. The didn't find anything (my appendix looked good and no blockages which we were worried about). We were very happy to be leaving Abbott and not checking in again. Interesting fact that we learned: only 1.9% of a nurses are males and we had 2 male nurses in our 4 hour stay.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with the general surgeon to check my wound and all looks well. No need to see him again unless things take a turn for the worse during the healing process. I can't believe that it's been almost 6 weeks already and I'm still not healed. Oh well, as long as it's not infected, I'm happy.

Last night, Cade was doing really well. He now weighs 3lb 5 oz (1.5 kg). I guess that high calorie formula is working. He will be moved to the ICC (Infant Care Center) whenever there is a bed available. That is where he will stay until he can come home.

Grandma Linda and Grandpa Reg are coming tomorrow and should get to hold Cade for the first time. I know Grandma can't wait to get here. She'll be happy that she will actually be able to see his face since the CPAP and black goggles are gone.

I guess that's all for now. Thanks for all the continued support and prayers.


Doh!


My preemie clothes are still a little big but don't I look cute


Look Mom my cheeks are getting chubby

No comments: