Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Still doing well

Cade is still doing really well and now we were told that we can hold him everyday. So, for the past couple of nights, we have taken complete advantage of that luxury. Also, we should be able to start Kangaroo care (skin to skin contact with Cade). Supposedly, it is very beneficial for baby and can reduce the length of his hospital stay. He is also now completely off of the IV and his continual gavage feedings. Now he's graduated to gavage feedings every couple of hours. Now, we'll just need to get him to bottle feedings.
I've overcome my fear of dressing my own wound but still don't like it. It's much easier when Sean does it :) But, he's headed up north to go fishing with the guys and get a much needed break from our stressful life. It's hard for me to have him go because he has been such great support through all of this but I finally realized that he needs a break too. Also, I'm getting together with a bunch of friends this weekend for a relaxing evening/baby shower. Some out of town friends are staying Sat night so it will be easier to deal with Sean not being here. I really do love that man because he is so good to me and I miss him alot. OK, probably enough mushy stuff. Here's some new pictures of Cade (he's 4 weeks old today):










No comments: