Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kangaroo Care

Sean is home from fishing and definitely missed his little boy. Last night, we were able to hold Cade for an hour using kangaroo care (skin on skin contact). We all enjoy the opportunity to have him out of the isolette. He was alert for most of the time and it's always fun to see all of his goofy expressions. Both Sean and I are getting more comfortable with handling Cade. I'm now able to move him without feeling like I'm going to break him. Also, a quick health update: his head ultrasound showed that one ventricle was slightly larger but everything else looked good. Sean and I are guessing that he will need a shunt once he is big enough because the fluid does not seem to be draining on it's own. Almost everyday they remove fluid from the reservoir.
Hi Mommy
I love my Daddy

1 comment:

Mae said...

Yes, I think Baby Jill is right. You need Andy as a voting option. Glad to hear that Cade is making such great progress!