Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Visitors

Cade had many visitors this weekend. My friends Fran, Kathy and Heather were in town and got to meet Cade. It's so nice that the NICU allows visitors other than family. Of course, everyone agrees that Cade's a cutie and the consensus is that he looks like me. It's still hard to tell because he's so little but I think I agree with them. On Sat night, I had a baby shower and got a chance to hang out with all of my close friends and cousins. We did miss my cousin Nina. It was great to just relax and laugh. I love my friends. Cade got some cute clothes and a bunch of cool gear. Since he can now wear clothes, the preemie ones are in the wash and will be delivered to the NICU on the next visit. On Sunday, auntie Marcy went to the hospital with me and got a chance to hold Cade. It was wonderful to see them bonding. We also found out that he now weighs 2lb 11 oz and the doctor had made a note that he may soon graduate from the NICU to the Infant Care Center.
Today, I caught a ride to Children's with Amy and Ben so I had Cade's undivided attention. I got to hold him for about an hour and he did very well. He had to regulate his own temp and seemed to stay plenty warm in just his sleeper. Tomorrow he has another head ultrasound to check out the excess fluid in his brain. Hopefully, everything will go well.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Jill, love all the updates and we are SO happy that Cade continues to do SO well. YAY! I just thought of something that i saw on another blog of premies. Have you taken pics of Cade next to something? The people I know always took it with a stuffed animal or a highlighter or something. Basically, it's something they will always have and it's a great way to show his growth! I wish I did something like that with Tegan and hope to next time around, but thought I'd mention it if you haven't already heard of doing that. :) Take care!!!

Bekki said...

Yea Jill and Cade!! It's so good to read about both of your progress. I'm so glad that everything is going well and improving every day. Keep up the good work, and know that our thoughts are with you and your family!

-Bekki